- 1 UKMARS: UK Micromouse and Robotics Society
- 2 News and events
- 3 Past events
- 3.1 2019 Autumn Competition - October
- 3.2 2019 UK Micromouse Competition - June
- 3.3 Minos 2019 Conference - April
- 3.4 Autumn 2018 Competition
- 3.5 TechFest 2018 and UK Micromouse 2018
- 4 Lnks and Resources
UKMARS: UK Micromouse and Robotics Society
UKMARS is an organisation focused on encouraging Micromouse and and other robotics both in the UK and internationally and anyone can become a member.
Find more and how to join in UKMARS:About
News and events
With the evolving circumstance arising from the Coronavirus outbreak our future events are kept under constant review. Please revisit this page to find out the current status of our programme of events
UK Micromouse Competition - Summer 2020
Due to the current Coronavirus outbreak we have had to cancel the UK competition that was scheduled to be held in conjunction with BCU (Birmingham City University) on Saturday 30 May 2020. Contestants are invited to attend the Autumn Competition in October and the Minos Conference taking place in November where there are great opportunities to run robots.
Minos 2020 Conference - NEW DATE 14 and 15 November 2020
Due to the current Coronavirus outbreak, the 20th annual MINOS conference will now be held on 14th and 15th November 2020 at the Quality Hotel in Coventry, U.K. Find out more about MINOS here
2020 Autumn Competition - October
U.K Micromouse and Robotics Society Autumn Competition will be held on Saturday October 10th, 2020 at Hazlemere Community Centre
A simple beginner's multi purpose robot platform UKMARS are creating a basic robot design that can be used in a variety of common contests such as line following, wall following, drag race.The robot is constructed using inexpensive and readily available materials, components and techniques.
2019 Autumn Competition - October
U.K Micromouse and Robotics Society Autumn Competition was held Saturday October 12th, 2019. at Hazlemere Community Centre
There were competitions for the drag race, line follower, classic micromouse (maze solver), half Size micromouse and wall following contests with both junior (schools) and senior competitors. Thanks to all who attended and made it a great day. Results and photos to follow.
2019 UK Micromouse Competition - June
The UK main UK competition held in conjunction with BCU (Birmingham City University) on Saturday 1st June 2019.
Minos 2019 Conference - April
The 19th annual MINOS conference was held on 6th and 7th April 2019 at the Quality Hotel in Coventry, U.K. A great range of topics were covered by our contributors with informal contests for robots held on the Sunday. Find out more here
Autumn 2018 Competition
The Autumn Competition was held on the 13/10/18 at Hazlemere Community Centre HP15 7UB. A full programme of contests was held including: Maze Solving, Line FOllowing, Wall Following and Drag Racing. For the first tme in the UK half size mice were seen running in a purpose built half size maze.
Lnks and Resources
Some starter robot projects
- DIM: A simple wall follower with no electronics
- BESS: A prototype motor controller using back EMF
- MAD: Another simple wall following robot
- Links to useful robot builder's resources
- How to make your own contest and practice mazes, walls and posts
- A simple, basic workflow for git repositories with one (or more) upstream remotes
- UK Micromouse Classic Rules
- UK Micromouse Half Size Rules
- UK Line Follower Rules
- UK Drag Race Rules
- UK Time Trials Rules
- UK Wall Follower Rules
- All Japan Micromouse Contest - English page
- Japan Micromouse Contest Rules (translated)
- Japan Classicmouse Contest Rules (translated)
- Japan Robotrace Line Follower Contest Rules (translated)