- 1 UKMARS: UK Micromouse and Robotics Society
- 2 News and events
- 3 Past events
- 4 Lnks and Resources
UKMARS: UK Micromouse and Robotics Society
UKMARS is an organisation focused on encouraging Micromouse and and other robotics both in the UK and internationally and anyone can become a member.
Find more and how to join in UKMARS:About
News and events
2019 Autumn Competition - October
U.K Micromouse and Robotics Society Autumn Competition. Saturday October 12th 2019 starting at 09:30 Hazlemere Community Centre, HP15 7UB
The finish/goal areas for the Classic Micromouse, Half Size Micromouse and Wall Following contests will be the central 4 cells of the maze.
A simple beginner's multi purpose robot platform UKMARS are creating a basic robot design that can be used in a variety of common contests such as line following, wall following, drag race.The robot is constructed using inexpensive and readily available materials, components and techniques.
Minos 2020 Conference - April
The 20th annual MINOS conference will be held on 25th and 26th April 2020 at the Quality Hotel in Coventry, U.K. Find out more about MINOS here
2019 UK Micromouse Competition - June
The UK main UK competition held in conjunction with BCU (Birmingham City University) on Saturday 1st June 2019.
Minos 2019 Conference - April
The 19th annual MINOS conference was held on 6th and 7th April 2019 at the Quality Hotel in Coventry, U.K. A great range of topics were covered by our contributors with informal contests for robots held on the Sunday. Find out more here
Autumn 2018 Competition
The Autumn Competition was held on the 13/10/18 at Hazlemere Community Centre HP15 7UB. A full programme of contests was held including: Maze Solving, Line FOllowing, Wall Following and Drag Racing. For the first tme in the UK half size mice were seen running in a purpose built half size maze.
Lnks and Resources
Some starter robot projects
- DIM: A simple wall follower with no electronics
- BESS: A prototype motor controller using back EMF
- MAD: Another simple wall following robot
- Links to useful robot builder's resources
- How to make your own contest and practice mazes, walls and posts
- A simple, basic workflow for git repositories with one (or more) upstream remotes
UK Rules April 2019
- UK Micromouse Classic Rules
- UK Micromouse Half Size Rules
- UK Line Follower Rules
- UK Drag Race Rules
- UK Time Trials Rules
- UK Wall Follower Rules
- All Japan Micromouse Contest - English page
- Japan Micromouse Contest Rules (translated)
- Japan Classicmouse Contest Rules (translated)
- Japan Robotrace Line Follower Contest Rules (translated)